Friday, January 23, 2009

Preschool: Jackson Pollack

We studied letter P this week at school. My assistant used to be an art teacher. Once a month, she presents a lesson on a famous artist. This month was Jackson Pollack. Our classes got to do action painting like he did. I wish I had been videoing because the kids were hilarious!!!




As you can see, caden got into the action! And got some paint in strange places!
I have no idea why this one is turned sideways... it is so cute! These are just some painted piggie toes from the day. have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my job? I am so lucky!
With all the flying paint, I was pleased that my clothes didn't get ANY paint on them, but... I did get splashed right in the face with some orange paint! :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Nice Pollacks kids!

Unknown said...

Love this. Found your blog via Mandee Cossa. Anyway, have you read the book Olivia? She talks about Jackson Pollack in the book. Makes me want to go splatter some paint.