Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fish Sticks! aka "Rainbow Fish"




The assignment from school:

Ashley was given 100 Popsicle sticks to celebrate the 100th day of school. She had to create something with the sticks. She could only use glue, paint and the sticks. I was adamant that she needed to do it -- it was HER project. Yes, it was hard to let go of the control! :) I knew this would turn into a competition among parents, even though it was supposed to be done by a preschooler!
She told me she wanted to do a fish -- a rainbow fish. So she painted the water on the box. I drew the outline of the fish. She glued and placed the sticks (yes, I sat there the whole time guiding her). She then painted it (she did let Kody help with some of the sticks and she let him paint the tail). We are all very proud of how cute it turned out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

K--I love it!!! What a cute idea for a 100 day celebration!! Way to go mom on the guiding part.

Steph said...

Good job Ashley!

jen&boys said...

very cute. Nice work Ashley, way to step back and restrain yourself mom!