Sunday, December 21, 2008

"The Best Xmas Ever!" :) LOL!

Thank you all for a really fun day!! I love how after all these years we still save time for each other to make it a great day! I love how the emphasis has shifted over the years from presents to family fun instead! Here we are playing Xmas pictionary...

Ashley spent lots of time chatting with Grandma. Ashley wanted to sit with the grown ups so she could chat!
Ashley drawing "Polar Express." It was a tricky one but Carrie guessed it from Ashley's drawing! Thank goodness Carrie understands kid drawing!

More pictionary...

I think it was fun for all. The kids even participated. Kody guessed this one!

Makenna wasn't very into guessing but she did have fun hanging out.

Can you tell what Ryan drew? Don't worry! We couldn't either! It is "jolly." :) I made the list of words we would draw and needed one more word to add. Kody came up with "jolly." I knew it would be a hard one to draw but added it anyway.

"egg nog" by kody...

Hunter drawing poinsettia!

Jacob drawing tinsel... he later said "No. I was drawing a tree." I told him to draw a tree and then add little lines on it for the tinsel. He had no idea what "tinsel" was.

"jingle bells" I wish I would've taken a picture of his finished picture. It really was pretty good. Yes, I know he isn't holding the marker correctly. UGH! I need to talk to his preschool teacher about that...
Present time. Look how cute they all are sitting so patiently!

A little historical background info for non-family members reading this: my aunt, who used to be a dental hygienist, used to give us toothbrushes every year. Well, after she retired, we didn't get our toothbrushes. :( We all made jokes about it the last couple of years and teased my aunt about letting us down. This year, my cousins, Eric and Brandon, (above) bought toothbrushes for us all! It was a good laugh and a great idea! They continued the tradition!! YEA! Another thing I loved about tonight: continuing a tradition that has meaning only to our family. Other families might not understand the significance of the toothbrushes, but to us, the grandkid generation, it means a lot! Love you guys for thinking of that and keeping it alive!


Makenna carried around her present saying, "OOHHH!"


She was even more excited when we opened it and it was a new baby stroller! She ran into the toy room and grabbed a doll to put in it!!


Family pic... ok, this was like the 10 picture I took trying to get us all in it. Lighting is not great. Sorry.

This picture is called: "The Best Xmas Ever" Silly Picture. .. the kids asked if we could do a silly one. What a great time!

No comments: