Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating our tree...

We have had our tree up for almost a week but had not decorated it. The kids have been begging and begging to do it. We finally did it tonight. The camera does not do it justice. I love how excited they get to look at each ornament! I love how they have special names for so many of them! I love how they seriously think about where they will put the ornaments! And it cracks me up that the middle of the tree gets completely covered with ornaments (sometimes 3-4 on the same branch!) because that is as tall as they can reach. Just a nice evening... this year has been extremely stressful for so many reasons. I have not been in the Christmas mood really, but seeing them so excited made my heart smile. I needed that....


This is the famous "pixie Santa" ornament. The Family Rules say it must go at the top of the tree just below the angel. It is an old ornament that deserves respect (no matter how funny looking it is!)





BTW: Makenna was not into the tree thing. She played with a couple of ornaments and then was distracted by a toy. Maybe she won't be into destroying the tree (wishful thinking or did I just jinx myself?!)









This was a total mess up, but occasionally the mistakes turn out with an interesting look...



1 comment:

Steph said...

So fun! Love your commentary, the magic of the season is hard to capture in photos.