Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashlight Tour at Botanical Gardens



Our MOMS Club went on a flash light tour of the Desert Botanical Gardens. I have not been there in over 10 years and I had forgotten about its beauty! The tour was great! They had docents throughout with hands on information. The kids got to see a gila monster, pet snakes, hear bull frogs and see lots of critters up close (and in containers), and even got to do a craft. The evening was nice (not cool, but tolerable with a light breeze). The best part was the smell! Our kids kept saying, "I love the smell!" or "what is that smell?" Ahhh... the smell of all the different desert plants! YUM! If you have not been there recently, the flashlight tour was so worth it! A great evening!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think I've been there- it looks familiar. What a fun idea- I love the plants of Arizona.