Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Thomas the Train phase begins!






OK, so all you moms of boys out there are familiar with the stages our boys go thru. Caden is currently on the Big Machines (aka backhoes, excavators, bobcats...) and Thomas the Train phase. It is actually really cute that he has such an intense interest. Kody sort of glossed over this and went to dinosaurs, but anyway.. back on track... Thomas the Train: Caden's new love.

We bought him this little conductor's outfit. This was his first time wearing it. He was checking out all the tools. I wish I took my camera everywhere, because Caden has worn this outfit EVERYWHERE! Our swimming instructor (who is also the mother of a boy) said, "ahhh, the train phase I see" when we showed up for swimming in this outfit. Kody is at the age where he is getting embarrassed by such outfits on his siblings, but I LOVE it. I love how excited a $10 outfit can make someone! I love how Caden asked me if he could wear the outfit after we had already reached our destination! This is what it means to be a child. There are some days where I wish I could dress up in something fun and wear whatever I want and not worry at all about others' opinions! Anyway... we are enjoying this sweet stage because before we know it, he too will be on to older things and worrying about other's opinions. We love you Caden!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Very, very cute! I love the train stage...Sophia is actually really liking playing with Mason's Thomas collection right now... she drives them around saying peep-peep!